Followers

Sunday, February 23, 2014

The Odyssey of the Armoire

Heirloom armoire dresser at final destination after 80 mile Odyssey

My Grandma Nora and Grandpa Wally resided in a beautiful town called Bonsall, just 45 minutes shy of San Diego. I cherish happy memories of weekends spent at Grandma and Grandpa's; walks through the grove, fresh squeezed orange juice and delicious guacamole, monstrous rocks to climb, family dinners and Christmases, music boxes, whistling and classical music, wine, and a place where my dad and his siblings brought their families. 

In 1999, we lost our sage Grandma Nora to pancreatic cancer. It was a difficult loss, but we knew she was in a better place. We missed her and certainly visits to Bonsall were not the same. We took care of Grandpa and checked up on him often. A year or so later, my Grandpa Wally remarried and he was blessed with ten more years of life. It was special to see Grandpa happy again and unceasingly charming us with his wit and hospitality. 

When Grandpa Wally died I was transitioning from college to living at home and working full time. Shortly after, I moved to Pacific Beach and my family underwent the difficult task of cleaning and selling my grandparents' property and my mom and dad offered me the armoire dresser. With honor and gratitude, I accepted. 

But how did it arrive safely?

M Way Pro Moving Services transported my grandparent's armoire from Bonsall to Pacific Beach and then TWO years later from Pacific Beach to Carmel Valley. 

Amazingly, it arrived at each new location, unscathed. Yesterday, this 300 pound antique was wrapped delicately with layers of plastic wrap, carefully maneuvered by M Way Pro employees onto a truck and padded and secured for transportation. It ventured along the 5, 8, 94, and 56 freeways stopping in City Heights and Banker's Hill to drop off other item before arriving at its final destination--my parent's garage.

We did not have any qualms because I was confident in M Way Pro for another quick, affordable, efficient, and safe move. These workers arrived on time, worked steadily, understood everything I told them, and seamlessly executed the move. 

Once again, I was blown away by how easy M Way Pro makes moving. I highly recommend this company. Please keep them in mind for your moving needs. You can find more details on their Yelp page. Antiques and family furniture can be passed on for years and I am grateful that we embarked on this odyssey together to preserve this family heirloom.


No comments:

Post a Comment