Followers

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Audrey Hepburn was a wise one

  • Your heart just breaks, that's all. But you can't judge, or point fingers. You just have to be lucky enough to find someone who appreciates you.
  • I was born with an enormous need for affection, and a terrible need to give it.
  • Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, it's at the end of your arm, as you get older, remember you have another hand: The first is to help yourself, the second is to help others.
  • People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone.
  • Success is like reaching an important birthday and finding you're exactly the same.
  • I never think of myself as an icon. What is in other people's minds is not in my mind. I just do my thing.
  • I probably hold the distinction of being one movie star who, by all laws of logic, should never have made it. At each stage of my career, I lacked the experience.
  • Pick the day. Enjoy it -- to the hilt. The day as it comes. People as they come... The past, I think, has helped me appreciate the present -- and I don't want to spoil any of it by fretting about the future.
  • Living is like tearing through a museum. Not until later do you really start absorbing what you saw, thinking about it, looking it up in a book, and remembering -- because you can't take it all in at once.
  •  
  • For attractive lips,
    Speak words of kindness.
    For lovely eyes,
    Seek out the good in people.
    For a slim figure,
    Share your food with the hungry.
    For beautiful hair,
    Let a child run his/her fingers through it once a day.
    For poise,
    Walk with the knowledge that you never walk alone.
    People, even more than things,
    Have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed,
    And redeemed; never throw out anyone.
    Remember, if you ever need a helping hand,
    You will find one at the end of each of your arms.
    As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands;
    One for helping yourself, and the other for helping others.

No comments:

Post a Comment